Weekly Roundup: Learn to Adapt
It has been a tiring week for me. I did a lot of traveling lately, such as four enjoyable days to visited Bandung, and then I went back to Jakarta. And only two days after that I went to Bogor and went back to Jakarta again on the same day.
But regarding all of that, it was a fun week. I've actually enjoyed it. But maybe I could enjoy it even more if I executed all of the plans I have made in advance.
So, here is the gist of what happens this week:
- Programming: I learned to love VIM, and it becomes my primary editor in just two days using it. This thing is indeed powerful, I hope I learned it sooner, lol. I also use tmux and tmuxinator for organizing my tmux sessions (thanks to @andriepu who had recommended it in his talk.)
- Content Creation: I have finished my latest long-form essay, it almost 30 pages omg. The article is the hardest piece I have written yet. It will be published here, on my website, so stay tuned. Update: I also wrote a short article about Ibn Battuta.
- I also begin to have a personal wiki/notebook and publicly available on /notebook. Basically, this is just a place to collect all of my thoughts. I use vimwiki for maintaing this. I even made it opensource, so you can contribute if you want to :)
What I could do better:
- I have to practice again on adopting a better schedule for sleep, every day. I sometimes forgot how vital resting really is for me, especially for the longterm effect to my performance and quality of life.
- I also have to try harder in the course of my marathon training. I don't even want to check my strava account this week to avoid the pressure of how lazy I am currently is, lol.
Oh ya, if you haven't noticed yet, I am starting to write in English daily (most likely for my daily journal, but this weekly roundup is one of them). So if you catch any mistakes in my writing, please tell me, I will gladly accept it with open arms. Cheers.